The objetive of iGreenPort consist in the creation of a Dataspace for enviromental monitoring in SmartPort.
The Dataspace will collect geopositioned data of the sea water quality in near-real time, and AIS data, in order to have an early detection tool of pollution incident in sea water and investigate about the ships involved in the incidents.
IGreenPort solves 3 big challenges:
- Current danger of extinction of Posidonia, due to water pollution in Port of Palma de Mallorca.
- The existing solutions in Smartport are oriented towards efficiency but there are few solutions for environmental monitoring.
- The sea water data in all port maritime areas does not exist in near real time, nor it is integrated with AIS data.
Market value of marine and coastal resources:
Impact of marine and coastal resources on the global economy:
of global GDP
People depending on coastal biodiversity for their livelihoods:
Coastal waters are deteriorating due acidity levels:
Estimated eutrophication by 2050:
of coastal waters
- Port Authorities.
- Coast Guards.
- Other entities with marine environmental competences..
Data Services obtained from iGreenport Dataspace
- Water quality dashboards.
- Heat maps of port traffic and turbidity data.
- Neted high frecuency AIS and turbidity data.
- Port modeling based in water quality.
- Water quality alarm system.
- Reports with safety observations.
If you need to know more details about our project, please enter your data and we will respond as soon as possible.